Download Invoice Example for Free
To ensure that your invoices are trim, proper and drafted to fulfill your needs and those of the clients, WeInvoice has provided free downloadable invoice example templates to work with. Its online invoice generator tool is also one of the greatest invoicing tools on the web for creating custom invoices.
What Is an Invoice Example Used For?
Among other things, invoice examples forms are used to bill clients for the goods and services provided to them. Rather than putting a pricey accountant on your payroll or subscribing to an invoicing software for exorbitant fees, an invoice example would suffice for billing clients.
This is because it serves as a template for you to develop the ideal invoice example for your business. With an example invoice, you need not take half the chunk of your work hours, figuring out how to create a well-formatted invoice.
A well-formatted and detailed invoice developed from a blank invoice template or invoice example can help you with the following:
- Bill your clients for free
- Save cost of hiring extra skilled accounting workforce
- Organize client account information
- Track due payments that are yet to be paid
- Get paid for goods and services provided on time
- Makes bookkeeping easier
- Stay on top of information come tax time.
Make an Invoice With WeInvoice
Design your own business invoice and add as many customizations as you need in your invoice. Improve the efficiency of your business by using a quick and easy invoice generator service from WeInvoice.
How to Use an Invoice Example Template?
Whether you own a small business, run a freelance business or large corporation with multiple employees, there’s that invoice example template developed for your niche and industry. What’s there to lose? It is free, downloadable, stylish and easily customizable.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to use an invoice example template
- Download a free invoice example template from WeInvoice
- Add business logo and other branding portfolio
- Also enter the business name, contact address, email address, phone number and fax number in the header section
- Make a copy of the template for the particular client you are sending out the invoice to.
- Outline the products purchased or services provided with a brief description of them
- Itemize the prices of each product or service delivered
- Insert the client’s name, business name, billable contract address, phone number, and email address in the appropriate editable fields
- Find the subtotal of each item or service provided and include VAT where necessary
- Find the sum total of all the prices
- Specify accepted payment methods
- Highlight in clear language all payment terms
- Also add the refund and privacy policies in the notes section
- Include a payment date before or on which the client is expected to pay the amount owed
- Save the client’s invoice using the name format “Client name – Date”
What Should Be Covered in An Invoice Template?
A trim and proper invoice template should contain:
- A heading with the word “Invoice”
- Business logo, vision, mission and any other branding portfolio
- Business name, phone number, contact address, email address, phone number and fax number
- Client name, billable contact address, phone number, and email address
- Outline of products and services provided
- Brief description of goods and services
- Price per unit of product (goods), hourly rate or fixed rate (services)
- Product quantity or billable hours
- Sum total for each item
- Payment terms and acceptable payment methods
- Total amount owed by the client
- Privacy, refund and other applicable policies
- Due date for payment
- A personal line or Thank You message
Types of Invoice Template Formats
The flexibility and versatility of invoice example templates makes it an asset for business owners, contractors and consultants. In record time, you can create custom invoices for multiple clients. The invoice templates are available in the following formats:
- Microsoft Excel
- Google Sheets
- Google Docs
- Microsoft Word
Once you have filled out the invoice with all the necessary details, you can download the invoice in pdf format and share with the client through email or mail. The latter is mostly used when the vendor prefers personal delivery. In that case, the invoice can be printed.
Examples of invoice forms that can be developed from invoice example form include
- Percentage over costs
What are the options available to me when drawing out an invoice?
You may choose to use an invoice example format or create an invoice using an online invoice generator. The feature-loaded invoice generator of WeInvoice allows you to choose the right invoice color, currency and tax options in a snap.
What’s the typical layout of an invoice example?
Invoice example templates are versatile and drafted to suit different industries. However, the most common format is a header section, four columns (brief description, list of products or services, price per unit, and sum total), total amount owed section, payment policy section and additional notes section.
How easy is it to use an invoice example relative to an invoice accounting software?
Invoice accounting software is more difficult to use than invoice example templates. The latter would usually not work efficiently without certain software integrations or incorporating some plug-ins. With an invoice example template on the other hand, all you need to do is edit the customizable fields and fill with the required information.
The best part of invoicing is that once your invoice is out the door, you are sure you are getting paid soonest. Once you have set up your invoice nicely and professionally, you can enforce payment on the due date. To make payments even quicker, you can attach discounts for early payments and charges for late payments. Once your invoice is well optimized, everything should run smoothly. You can download for free well-optimized invoice example templates from WeInvoice or develop one yourself using its amazing invoice generator.